Marketing Communication and Brand Management
A.Objectives of the course
The objective of the course is to develop understanding and skills in marketing communication and brand management. This will provide exposure to tools used by marketers for informing consumers and a managerial framework for marketing communications planning. This course will also focus on developing brand management knowledge and skills. It will help in planning, designing, execution and evaluation of branding strategies.
B. Target participants
This course is targeted at junior to middle level managers working in organizations which are in the field of marketing communication and brand management.
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The pedagogy of the course is focused on delivering knowledge and hands-on application of marketing communication and brand management fundamentals through discussion, cases and exercises/ activities.
E. Session details
Session No. Topic
1. Introduction to Marketing
Communication- Planning and management of the function
2. Consumer response models to Marketing Communication
3. Marketing communication and Brand Promotion
4. Marketing communication budgeting
5. Offline Tools and Online Tools of Marketing Communication
6. Metrics for Marketing Communication
7. Brand Management Essentials
8. Designing Branding Strategies and integrating with communication strategies
9. Building, Managing and Measuring Brand Equity
10. Building sustainable global brands
6. Course Director and Core Faculty
Name of Faculty: Dr. Pinaki Ghosh
Dr. Pinaki Ghosh is an Associate Professor in Marketing Management at XISS (Ranchi) with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry for the last 16 years. He is holding a PhD degree in Marketing. He
obtained dual qualification in Management – a PG Diploma in Management and a PG Degree in Marketing Management from Pondicherry University. He joined XISS after working for two years in the corporate sector in the sales and distribution function. His teaching and research interests are in brand and marketing communication, rural marketing and consumer behaviour. He published papers in national and international peer-reviewed journals.