I T 108
Software Pre-sales and Sales
A.Objectives of the course:
The objective is to provide a basic level understanding how to pre-sell (solution) and sell software services to prospective clients.
B. Target participants
This course is targeted towards aspiring and entry level business development, pre-sales and sales managers in a software company. This course will also be useful for software project managers who need to interact with the business development team to provide inputs, and buyers of software products and services from user industries.
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The pedagogy of this course is based on discussion of concepts and case studies.
E. Session details
Session No. Topic
1. Types of software projects and delivery models
2. Scoping a software service
3. Estimating resources for a software service
4. Costing and pricing a software service
5. Principles of designing a contract for software service
6. Process of buying a software
7. Process of selling a software, synching the buying and selling cycles
8. Developing a software contract
9. Negotiation skills for software service
10. Basics of resourcing a software project
F. Course Director and Core Faculty
Mr. Atanu Ghosh
Atanu is an Electrical Engineer from Jadavpur University and obtained Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He is a Visiting Faculty in several leading academic institutions like XLRI, IIM Calcutta, IIM Udaipur, etc.
Atanu is the Founder and CEO of Bluebeaks Solutions, which is engaged in education, research, consulting and training in the digital transformation domain; and Salt n Soap, an ecommerce technology and analytics platform. Before his entrepreneurial stint he was a Director with IBM and, prior to that, a Principal with PwC Consulting. Atanu has consulted various Fortune 100 companies in India, USA, UK, Singapore and China.