I T 105
Block Chain Application for Managers
A.Objectives of the course
The objective is to develop the understanding to identify potential blockchain use in industry and acquiring the basic skills on how to build such blockchains as a prototype.
B. Target participants
The target audience for this course are middle and senior level managers from operations, supply chain, logistics, marketing and sales and HR areas. Professionals from banking and finance, healthcare and public service may also find this course useful. The learner needs to come from a science, commerce, economic, engineering or medicine background and must have studied mathematics at high school.
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The pedagogy is based on understanding the science behind blockchain, relevant use case studies and building basic blockchain prototype on platforms like Ethereum, Hyperledger, etc.
E. Session details
Session No. Topic
1. History, evolution and necessity of blockchain
2. Sneak peek inside Bitcoin blockchain
3. Popular blockchain use cases
4. The science of blockchain - 1
5. The science of blockchain - 2
6. Designing blockchain solutions for basic industry use cases - 1
7. Designing blockchain solutions for basic industry use cases - 2
8. Working on simple blockchain prototypes built on Ethereum, Hyperledger or similar other blockchain technology stacks
9. Working on simple blockchain prototypes built on Ethereum, Hyperledger or similar other blockchain technology stacks
10. Blockchain case study discussion
F. Course Director and Core Faculty
Mr. Atanu Ghosh
Atanu is an Electrical Engineer from Jadavpur University and obtained Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He is a Visiting Faculty in several leading academic institutions like XLRI, IIM Calcutta, IIM Udaipur, etc.
Atanu is the Founder and CEO of Bluebeaks Solutions, which is engaged in education, research, consulting and training in the digital transformation domain; and Salt n Soap, an ecommerce technology and analytics platform. Before his entrepreneurial stint he was a Director with IBM and, prior to that, a Principal with PwC Consulting. Atanu has consulted various Fortune 100 companies in India, USA, UK, Singapore and China.