I T 101
Managing Digital Transformation
A. Objectives of the course:
The course enables managers to identify impending disruption in their respective industries due to digital technology and provides frameworks to design strategies for transformation of their organization in the new digital world. After completing the course, participants will develop an understanding of the transformative nature of digital technology and frameworks for digital transformation.
B. Target participants
This course is targeted towards middle and senior level managers.
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The pedagogy is discussions around concepts and frameworks on digital transformation models, and discussion of case studies from various industries. To enable students to identify points of digital disruption in one’s industry and possible transformative measures to counter the disruption.
E. Session Details
Session No. Topic
1. Meaning of digital transformation, its key components and difference with erstwhile information technology solutions
2. Theories of disruptive innovation and use cases
3. Digital technology enabled disruptions, why and how digital technology is likely to create more disruptions compared to other disruption catalysts
4. Understanding platform economy and platform-based business models
5.Technology enable platforms
6. Strategies of technology platforms – use cases
7. Building digital capability for your organisation
8. Five domains of digital transformation – concept and use cases
9. Building digital mastery and leadership, understanding 4 levels of digital leadership – concept and use cases
10. Investment decisions for digital transformation
F Course Director and Core Faculty
Mr. Atanu Ghosh
Atanu is an Electrical Engineer from Jadavpur University and obtained Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. He is a Visiting Faculty in several leading academic institutions like XLRI, IIM Calcutta, IIM Udaipur, etc.
Atanu is the Founder and CEO of Bluebeaks Solutions, which is engaged in education, research, consulting and training in the digital transformation domain; and Salt n Soap, an ecommerce technology and analytics platform. Before his entrepreneurial stint he was a Director with IBM and, prior to that, a Principal with PwC Consulting. Atanu has consulted various Fortune 100 companies in India, USA, UK, Singapore and China.