Interpersonal and Cross Cultural Communication
A.Objectives of the course
The course is designed for the managers to provide understanding of the concept of Communication, both at interpersonal and cross-cultural level. The structure of the training is designed in such a way that the individuals understand the process of communication in stages, i.e. from a dyadic relationship in the workplace to interacting people across cultures and nations. In all it will facilitate the real-time understanding of the overall communication in once’s perceptual space.
B. Target participants
The course is targeted at Junior and middle level managers
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The sessions will be delivered through online lectures, interactive activities, psychometric assessment tools and case studies.
E. Session details
Session No Topic
1. Thinking, Decision making and Communication of Information
2. Concept of Communication
3. Interpersonal Relations and communication
4. Interacting in groups
5. Role of Individual personality on communication and related communication challenges
6. Role of Individual personality on communication and related communication challenges
7. Social Influence on interpersonal communication
8. Creating positive communication
9. Components of Cross-culture, The concept of National Cultures, Components of National Culture and its importance for Organizations
10.Cultural Differences and Individual interactions, Organizational performance in diverse cultures, Cultural Intelligence and sensitivity
F. Course Director and Core Faculty
Name: Prof. Tuheena Mukherjee
Prof. Tuheena Mukherjee obtained her Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) in Management Studies. She has 10 years of teaching experience in the post-graduate level. Prof. Mukherjee is currently the Assistant Professor in the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) New Delhi in the Area of Organisation Behaviour/ Human Resource Management. Earlier she worked in the Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship, Ambedkar University Delhi, and School of Behavioural Sciences, Central University Karnataka, Gulbarga. She has published large number of articles in national and international journals. Her teaching and research interest is in the areas of Cognitive Psychology and Leadership.