Building Competencies for Personal Excellence
A.Objectives of the course
The course provides an understanding of the concept of competency management. This would help them in understanding the elements competency profiling, directed for self, teams and organizations. In all it will facilitate the real-time applications, and constructing correct policies and practices for self, team and organizational management.
B. Target participants
The course is targeted at junior and middle level managers
15 hours (10 sessions of 90 minutes each) over a period two months
The sessions will be delivered through online lectures, interactive activities, psychometric assessment tools and case studies.
E. Session details
Session No. Topic
1. Concept of competencies
2. Competency management - Framework
3. Types of generic competencies, Assessment of trait based generic competencies, parameter identification in personality assessment , measurement and evaluation
4. Assessment of emotional competencies, measurement and evaluation of emotional competencies
5. Assessment of team competencies, parameter identification in teams, measurement and evaluation
6. Modelling of Competencies with context, Generating matrix, Scenario building methodology
7. Basic mathematics and statistics applications for impact analysis on parameters of self and organizations
8. Integration of competencies for Recruitment and Selection assessments for policy formulation
9. Integration of competencies for Training and Development practices for policy formulation
10. Integration of competencies for Performance Appraisals techniques for policy formulation
F. Course Director and Core Faculty
Name: Prof. Tuheena Mukherjee
Prof. Tuheena Mukherjee obtained her Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) in Management Studies. She has 10 years of teaching experience in the post-graduate level. Prof. Mukherjee is currently the Assistant Professor in the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) New Delhi in the Area of Organisation Behaviour/ Human Resource Management. Earlier she worked in the Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship, Ambedkar University Delhi, and School of Behavioural Sciences, Central University Karnataka, Gulbarga. She has published large number of articles in national and international journals. Her teaching and research interest is in the areas of Cognitive Psychology and Leadership.