Forex and Export-Import Finance
1.Objectives of the course
This course aims to provide knowledge and skills in the area of Export /Import finance , handling documents for negotiation/collection, regulations like FEMA , FEDAI, Foreign Trade Policy, UCPDC etc., Treasury Management in Forex, Forex arithmetic etc.
2. Target participants
Targeted at bank officers working in in Treasury office , B- category branches of AD.
20 sessions of 75 minutes each over a period 4 days
On-line classes by Industry experts in the area of Forex, few case discussions on EXIM financing, Treasury transaction etc.
5. Session details
Session No. Topic
1Treasury Management in Forex with particular reference to Exchange rate mechanism (Exchange Arithmetic) along with cover operation in foreign exchange market in Dealing room with practical exercises.
2 Forex Risk management and Hedging tools i.e. Forward contracts, Options, Futures and Swaps (Interest rate and Currency swap) with case studies)
3. Letter of Credit with case studies under different UCP Articles, Incoterms
4. Regulatory guidelines for Export with international settlement procedure
5. Regulatory guidelines for Import with international settlement procedure
6. Foreign Currency Loans and Regulatory guidelines on Pre-shipment and Post-shipment in Rupee/foreign currency
7. Remittance/other facilities for Residents and non-residents along with different type of Non-Resident accounts
8. External Commercial Borrowing and Trade credits
9. Dealing Room Operations, Nostro and Vostro A/cs
10. Risk Management in Forex business
6. Course Director
Name : Vijay Kumar Chhatwal
Education : Post graduate, CAIIB
Experience :- Superannuated as Chief Manager from Punjab National Bank in July, 2015
38 years of banking experience worked in different capacities at different places.
Major portion of service in foreign exchange.
Worked as Chief Manager (Incumbent) at Bank’s International Banking Branch, Jaipur
Worked as Chief Manager (Incumbent) at Bank’s Foreign Exchange Office, Delhi
Worked as Chief Manager at Bank’s International Banking Branch, Delhi
Besides looking after assigned work, I was also associated in taking training sessions at bank’s Training College. Besides this, I am also associated as guest faculty with other institutes for a long time.